Faith & Spirituality
- As a Catholic School, Maris Stella is centered on the person of Jesus Christ and Gospel values. We teach Catholic beliefs and opportunities are provided for each girl to develop and grow in her relationship with God through Prayer, Word, Witness and Outreach.
- We believe in the uniqueness and goodness of each person because each person is created in the image of God.
- We believe in the value of right relationships and community because they are an expression of the community of the Holy Trinity and of the Holy Family of Nazareth.
- We believe in the principle of sacramentality by which we see God’s presence and grace in all aspects of life, relationships and events.
- We appreciate ourselves as part of the Christian story and tradition, building the Kingdom of God together with those past and present.
- We believe in the call to work for justice, peace and freedom for all.
- We give thanks for the gift of each person and encourage the development of critical and creative thinking.
- We affirm life, in all its forms, as a gift from God to be nurtured and celebrated.
- We are committed to growing in the quality of our relationships.
- We are committed to growing in our awareness of all that destroys and threatens the life of our planet, and to teaching ways of ensuring sustainability.
- We are committed to choosing life by teaching values and skills that will promote a life-giving world-view towards God, humanity, the earth and all of creation.